Outdoor Sauna Placement Tips
Getting an outdoor barrel sauna from Almost Heaven Saunas doesn’t require as much time or as many resources as you might think. If you’re thinking about buying and outdoor sauna, here are some tips to keep in mind.
- Surface selection. Our outdoor saunas come with molded cradle supports that act as a moisture barrier between the sauna and the ground. That means the sauna can go on almost any surface as long as it is flat and firm be it a deck, gravel bed, concrete, or even directly on the ground. (A slight taper to provide rain run-off is okay.) It’s not a bad idea to put paving stones under the cradles to prevent the sauna from settling over time.
- Assembly perimeter. Make sure that when you’re assembling your sauna, you leave a couple of feet free around it so that you have room to maneuver during the process, but don’t assemble it too far from its final resting place. When you’re done, 3-4 people can slide it back into place.
- Wiring. We recommend that you hire a licensed electrician with a thorough knowledge of local codes to do the wiring for your sauna. The sauna kit comes with a manual for the room and a manual for the heater that the electrician can use during the assembly process, and a heater installation guide is available upon request.
- Outside treatment. The Canadian western red cedar of the barrel sauna does not need to be treated in any way, but you may apply stain with a UV inhibitor if you so desire. Never treat the interior, and never varnish or paint the exterior.
- Indoor placement. Our barrel saunas work just as well indoors as they do outdoors, and getting it indoors is made easier by the fact that it comes in the form of a kit. The largest pre-assembled section is 6 feet in diameter. If you have any doubts about getting a piece that size through doorways or around tight corners, take a piece of cardboard with the same dimensions and maneuver it through your house. If it doesn’t bend in the process, you should be okay.
If you’re interested in learning more about any saunas offered by Almost Heaven Saunas, we’d love to chat with you. You can give us a call at 888-355-3050, or send a message to email@example.com.