Everything You Need to Know about the Seneca 6×5 Barrel Sauna
- They both call West Virginia home. The Seneca Barrel Sauna is built and ships from Greenbriar County, and the Seneca Forest is located in Pocahontas County.
- They both showcase the beauty of nature. The sauna is made from high grade sections of Western Canadian red cedar, and the forest boasts over 11,500 acres of outdoor perfection.
- They both are a testament to longevity. The Seneca Forest is the oldest state forest in West Virginia, and the Seneca Sauna comes from Almost Heaven Saunas who has been crafting saunas for nearly 40 years now.
- They are both sources of “peace and solitude.” An hour spent meandering through the woods or relaxing in the sauna is time well spent. The only thing better would be doing both in the same day.
The Seneca is our 5-foot-long barrel sauna, a step up from the 4’-foot-long Salem and a step down from the 6’-foot-long Pinnacle. It’s a great compromise for when space is at a premium but you want a little more room to lounge in.
Some more fast facts about this sauna:
- There’s enough room for 4 individuals.
- It measures 72 x 59 x 77 on the outside and 71 x 51 x 71 on the inside. (All dimensions approximate.)
- The barrel shape enables the room to heat faster and distributes the heat more evenly.
- The entire sauna is constructed from red cedar sections; the wall staves are nearly an inch and a half thick (1 and 3/8″).
- It comes with a tempered and tinted glass door with self-closing hinges.
- All bands, hinges, and fasteners are made from stainless steel.
- Synthetic support cradles act as a moisture barrier, elevating the sauna’s undercarriage and enabling it to be placed directly on the ground.
- It comes with a 4.5kw heater (220v, 30 amp requirements) and an interior light (110v, 15 amp requirement).
- Included is a bucket, ladle, and combination thermometer-hygrometer so the sauna fun can begin as soon as possible.
- It is backed by a lifetime warranty on the room and a 5-year warranty on the heater.
It’s a beautiful product made in a beautiful state. Maybe we’ve succeeded in planting the germ of an idea for you next vacation: rent a cabin in Seneca Forest and take some time to swing south and drop by our factory in Renick, West Virginia.